‘The history of philosophy is to a great extent that of a certain clash of human temperaments…’-William James
I was reading a post by Eve Bit First called a – man -is -a -rape-supporter if: http://evebitfirst.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/a-man-is-a-rape-supporter-if/ and the following is a snippet of her article:
“A man is a rape-supporter if…
- He has ever sexually engaged with any woman while she was underage, drunk, high, physically restrained, unconscious, or subjected to psychological, physical, economic, or emotional coercion.
- He defends the current legal definition of rape and/or opposes making consent a defense.
- He has accused a rape victim of having “buyer’s remorse” or wanting to get money from the man.
- He has blamed a woman for “putting herself in a situation” where she “could be” attacked.
- He has procured a prostitute.
- He characterizes prostitution as a “legitimate” “job” “choice” or defends men who purchase prostitutes.
- He has ever revealed he conceives of sex as fundamentally transactional.”
I understand where Eve was going with this and agree entirely; however, I…
View original post 2,446 more words
A Teacher’s Story…
But What About the Men? On Masculinity + Mass Shootings.
Tony Abbott, doing very important things…
Last Wednesday Tony Abbott admitted on the ABC’s 7:30 program that he hadn’t read BHP’s statement about plans for the Olympic Dam project; on Friday he revealed he hadn’t read the transcript from Julia Gillard’s home decorating-themed press conference. This was despite holding strong opinions on both topics.
View original post 264 more words